Zoo’s New West Entrance to Open May 19
NEW at the Zoo! Beginning May 19, 2018, the Milwaukee County Zoo opens a new West Entrance located at the corner of Bluemound Road and Highway 100. In addition to parking and admissions, concessions and merchandise areas complement this location, as well as a new outdoor North American River Otter Exhibit, “Otter Passage.”
- Visitors enter at 106th Street
- The parking lot will be open May 19-20 and resumes again May 26 daily at 10 a.m., through Labor Day, Sept. 3. After which, it will be open weekends as needed, through Oct. 31.
- Both general public and Zoological Society members will receive a ticket as they enter the lot
- Tickets will be validated at the admissions area after guests have parked their vehicles; upon exiting, tickets are scanned, opening an electronic gate
- Handstamps are available for guests to leave and re-enter the West Entrance area
- A small gift shop, restrooms, including a family restroom, stroller rentals and a concessions area (Grab & Go) and outdoor seating round-out this area.
- Lot capacity: 525 spaces
- The West Entrance lot cannot accommodate buses or campers
Click on the thumbnails below to browse through photos.