Open Today: 9 a.m. - 5 p.m. Complete Hours

Frequently Asked Questions – Indoor Facilities

Q. Can I have my wedding reception, special occasion or corporate party at the Milwaukee County Zoo?

A. Yes. The Zoo offers three halls: The Peck Welcome Center, located within the zoo grounds; The US Bank Gathering Place located in the entrance of the Zoo; and the Zoofari Conference Center located outside of the Zoo grounds, just east of the Zoo’s main entrance on Bluemound Road. Each building offers a unique atmosphere. Animal buildings are also available. Our curfew is midnight.

Q. What is included in the rental fee?

A. Rental fees for the Peck Welcome Center and Zoofari Conference Center include tables and chairs (up to 320 guests). Rental fees for the Gathering Place and animal buildings do not include tables and chairs. All facilities include parking, set-up and take down of floor plan, custodial services and an Event Manager during the event. Facilities can be rented for a six-hour time frame.

Q. Do I have to use a caterer? *

A. Yes. You can choose the caterer and contact them directly for pricing. The Zoo requires caterers to be licensed and insured. Your chosen caterer will be charged a vendor fee to use Zoo grounds.

Q. What do the caterers provide?

A. Caterers provide food and can arrange for rentals of linens, plate settings, and if needed, additional tables and chairs.

Q. Does the Zoo provide beverage service?

A. You are required to purchase your beer, soda and bottled water from the Zoo. Wine, champagne, and other liquor drinks must come from your selected bartending service. Bartending services must be licensed and insured. Your chosen caterer will be charged a vendor fee to use Zoo grounds.

Q. How many guests can I invite?

A. Peck Welcome Center: 550 guests, Zoofari: 300 guests, US Bank Gathering Place: 250 guests

Q. Are decorations allowed? *

A. Flowers and candles are allowed. Candles must be enclosed in glass. The Zoo prohibits the use of balloons, confetti, wish lanterns, fog machines or string guns. Nothing can be affixed to the walls or ceilings.

Q. May I have music at my event? *

A. Yes, you may hire a band or DJ.

Q. What forms of payment are accepted?

A. Checks made payable to Milwaukee County Zoo, MasterCard, Visa or Discover.

Q. Can my guests walk around Zoo grounds when renting the Peck or Gathering Place?

A. Yes, they may walk around Zoo grounds until dusk but all the buildings are closed.

Q. Who do I contact for more information?

A. Call to set up an appointment with someone in the Zoo’s Group Sales Department.

*Applies to all rentals