Thrills, Chills and Frightful Fun at
the Milwaukee County Zoo's
Sponsored by Sendik's Food Markets
Friday, October 23, 2015, 6 p.m. to 9 p.m.
Saturday, October 24, 2015, 9 a.m. to 9 p.m.
A hauntingly good time awaits visitors this Halloween as the Zoo magically (complete with 1,200+ pumpkins!) comes alive with ghostly good times! “Halloween Spooktacular,” sponsored by Sendik’s Food Markets, takes place Friday, October 23 and Saturday, October 24.
On Friday, from 6 p.m. to 9 p.m., and Saturday, from 9 a.m. to 9 p.m., the Zoo becomes a haunting Halloween haven, complete with not-too-spooky and not-too-creepy activities:
Barely Scary Activities:
- Enjoy a variety of Halloween entertainment specially designed for our little witches and warlocks. Activities include: a Halloween haystack maze, a unique animated Dancing Lights Show at Wolf Woods Crossing and lively musical performances with Razzmatazz!
- Learn new and interesting facts about bats through special talks by our zookeepers. You’ll learn the importance of these winged mammals, and what you can do to help save their habitats.
- Whether you’re Superman or Cinderella for the day, we invite you to march in our costume parade Saturday, at 2 p.m. Beginning in front of the Northwestern Mutual Family Farm, follow the costumed crowds to the Peck Welcome Center where you’ll have the chance to win special prize giveaways!
- NEW THIS YEAR! Ghouls and goblins, 12 years and younger, as well as groups and families with themed costumes can enter our Spooktacular Costume Contest! Registration takes place from 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. and winners will be announced during the after-parade festivities. The winners in each of our categories will receive a trophy, and the Best in Show winner also receives a Behind-the-Scenes Zoo Tour!
- Enjoy our giant hand-carved pumpkins in the Northwestern Mutual Family Farm!
- All aboard – if you dare! Hop on the legendary Zoo Train turned Raven’s Rail as it takes guests on a spooky spin through the Zoo! Be on the lookout for pumpkin critters popping up along the wooded route.
- Sweets and Treats! Visitors can gather goodies by visiting a variety of treat stops located among our animal exhibits! Venture to our fennec foxes, tigers and lowland gorillas, as our volunteers fill your bags with goodies galore!
- Several of our animals also will join in the Halloween fun, and receive special pumpkins prepared just for them – filled with their favorite treats! These pumpkins serve as enrichment, and allow the animals to display behaviors similar to those shown in the wild. Some of the animals who will receive pumpkin treats include hippos and tigers.
- DON’T MISS! At 1 p.m. Saturday, gather around the outdoor Elephant Exhibit to see our fan favorite elephants, Ruth and Brittany, receive GIGANTIC pumpkins to chomp, crunch and stomp! The pumpkins are sure to bring out their wild instincts!
Reduced admission rates apply for this spine-tingling Halloween event:
|Children (ages 3-12):
|Children (ages 2 and under):
Click here for a list of Frequently Asked Questions about the Zoo’s Halloween events.
For more information on “Halloween Trick-or-Treat Spooktacular” at the Milwaukee County Zoo, contact the Public Affairs and Services Division at 414.771.3040.
|Special thanks to our Halloween Spooktacular event sponsor: