Thrills, Chills and Frightful Fun
Sponsored by Sendik's Food Markets
October 25, 2013 – 6 p.m. to 9 p.m.
October 26, 2013 – 9 a.m. to 9 p.m.
A hauntingly good time awaits visitors this Halloween as the Zoo magically comes alive with ghostly good times! “Halloween Spooktacular,” sponsored by Sendik’s Food Markets, takes place Friday, October 25 and Saturday, October 26.
On Friday, from 6 p.m. to 9 p.m., and Saturday, from 9 a.m. to 9 p.m., the Zoo becomes a haunting Halloween haven, complete with not-too-spooky and not-too-creepy activities:
Barely Scary Activities:
- Whether you’re the Incredible Hulk or Superman for the day, we invite you to march in our costume parade Saturday, at 2 p.m. Beginning in front of the Northwestern Mutual Family Farm, follow the costumed crowds to the Peck Welcome Center where you’ll have the chance to win special prize giveaways!
- Enjoy a variety of Halloween entertainment specially designed for our little witches and warlocks. Activities include: a Halloween haystack maze, special entertainment by Razzmatazz and swashbuckling fun with Jack Sparrow at our Pirate’s Cove.
- Learn new and interesting facts about bats through special talks by our zookeepers. You’ll learn the importance of these winged mammals, and what you can do to help save their habitats.
- Enjoy our giant hand-carved pumpkins in the Northwestern Mutual Family Farm! Then, venture to see a unique Halloween-themed Dancing Lights show, as it glitters along the Forest Trail at Wolf Woods Crossing.
- All aboard – if you dare! Hop on the legendary Zoo Train turned Raven’s Rail as it takes guests on a spooky spin through the Zoo! Be on the lookout for pumpkin critters popping up along the wooded route.
- Sweets and Treats! Visitors can gather goodies by visiting a variety of treat stops
located among our animal exhibits! Venture to our jaguars, tigers and lowland gorillas, as our volunteers fill your bags with goodies galore!
- Several of our animals also will take part in the Halloween fun, and receive special
pumpkins prepared just for them – filled with their favorite treats! These pumpkins
serve as enrichment, and allow the animals to display behaviors similar to those shown in the wild. Some of the animals who will receive pumpkin treats include polar bears, brown bears and hippos.
As you make your way through the Zoo, be sure to follow the Halloween Adventures of Harry and Fred! Your favorite rhyming storybook characters, Harry and Fred, return this year for another crazy adventure!
Reduced admission rates apply for this spine-tingling Halloween event:
|Adults / Seniors:
|Children (ages 3 to 12):
|Children (ages 2 and under):
Click here for a list of Frequently Asked Questions about the Zoo’s Halloween events.
For more information on “Halloween Trick-or-Treat Spooktacular” at the Milwaukee County Zoo, contact the Public Affairs and Services Division at 414.256.5466.
|Special thanks to our Halloween Spooktacular event sponsor: