Spooktacular, But Not So Scary Fun Awaits
at the Milwaukee County Zoo's
Sponsored by Sendik's Food Markets
October 24, 2014, 6 p.m. to 9 p.m.
October 25, 2014, 9 a.m. to 9 p.m.
You thought “Boo at the Zoo” was fun? We get even more serious about Halloween at “Halloween Spooktacular,” sponsored by Sendik’s Food Markets, Friday, October 24, (6 p.m. – 9 p.m.) and Saturday, October 25, (9 a.m. – 9 p.m.), at the Milwaukee County Zoo.
During Halloween Spooktacular, the Zoo is transformed into a haunting Halloween haven, complete with these not too scary, family-friendly activities:
- Trick-or-Treat throughout the Zoo at various locations and animal buildings
- March in the costume parade, Saturday, October 25, at 2 p.m., Northwestern Mutual Family Farm. Follow the crowd to the Peck Welcome Center for prizes and giveaways
- Watch some of our animals devour their treat-filled pumpkins, tigers (10 a.m.), polar bear (11 a.m.), brown bears (2 p.m.), green tree python (11:30 a.m.), hippos (12:30 p.m.), small mammals (2:30 p.m.) and lions (3 p.m.)
- Watch as our African elephants, Ruth and Brittany, receive giant pumpkins (1 p.m., Saturday)
- See our giant pumpkins being creatively carved, Northwestern Mutual Family Farm (6 – 9 p.m., Friday; 10 a.m. – 1 p.m. & 5 p.m. – 8 p.m., Saturday)
- Ride the Raven’s Rail train, North Shore Bank Train Station (6 p.m. – 8 p.m., Friday; 10 a.m. – 8 p.m., Saturday)
- Find your way through the Halloween Haystack Maze, Otto Borchert Family Special Exhibits Building
- Enjoy the amazing Dancing Light Show, Forest Trail at Wolf Woods Crossing (6 p.m. – 9 p.m. Friday; 4 p.m. – 9 p.m., Saturday)
- Learn about bats during special informative presentations, Small Mammals Building (7 p.m. – 8 p.m., Friday & Saturday)
- Take in the theatre! Watch a live, Halloween-themed performance of “The Legend of Hibernacula,” that highlights the importance of bats to humans. The performance will also demonstrate what you can do to help bats in Wisconsin, U.S. Bank Gathering Place
- What’s Halloween without caramel apples, available for purchase in the Peck Welcome Center, courtesy of the American Association of Zookeepers, (Friday 6 p.m. – 9 p.m.)
- Enjoy our strolling jazz trio, Razzmatazz, throughout the Zoo grounds
Reduced admission rates apply on Friday and Saturday evenings:
|Juniors (ages 3 to 12):
|Children (ages 2 and under):
Special Offer: Visit any Balistreri Owned & Operated Sendik's Food Market and get one ticket good for a free ride on the Penzeys Spices Carousel during Halloween Spooktacular. Tickets available at customer service desks (while supplies last). Visit sendiks.com for store locations.
Click here for a list of Frequently Asked Questions about the Zoo’s Halloween events.
For further details about all Zoo Halloween activities, call the Zoo’s Public Affairs and Services Division at 414.256.5466.
|Special thanks to our Halloween Spooktacular event sponsor: