September 4, 2015
Sponsored by Wheaton Franciscan Senior Health
The Milwaukee County Zoo invites all seniors, “55-years-young,” and older, to join us on Friday, September 4, for Senior Celebration, sponsored by Wheaton Franciscan Senior Health. Seniors will receive free admission from 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. (proof of age required). Senior Celebration includes a variety of activities for seniors to see, taste and do including:
- Wheaton Franciscan Senior Health: This group is proud to present their services to seniors. Visit the Outreach Booth at the U.S. Bank Gathering Place to meet Wheaton Franciscan personnel, ask questions about senior services and register for door prizes!
- Health and Wellness Exhibitors: Visit over 35 health and wellness exhibitor booths in the Peck Welcome Center! Health screenings for blood pressure and neurological and biomechanical health assessments will be offered. Complimentary cookies for the first 2,000 visitors courtesy of Aldi.
- Bingo: Join in the fun and take part in this popular game for all ages! Located in the Otto Borchert Family Special Exhibits Building; tickets not required.
- Music: Relax, dance or just tap your feet to the music of Jimmy Madritsch & Friends, Jeff Winard and Liverpool ’64.
- Pickleball: Join us for this extremely fun paddle sport that’s a cross between tennis and ping pong, sponsored by the YMCA of Metropolitan Milwaukee. Games take place on the hour and will be located near the Safari Train Station.
- Senior Stretching: The SilverSneakers will lead a 5 to 10 minute stretch session and brief workout designed to energize seniors as they make their way around the Zoo.
- Fun Walk: How about joining Wisconsin Senior Olympics for a scenic, 1-mile walk through the Zoo? Lace-up and join the fun!
- Free Ice Cream: Cool off with complimentary ice cream cups for the first 1,000 visitors at the Briggs & Stratton Big Backyard at Zoo Terrace.
- Box Lunches: Purchase tickets for $6.75. Box lunch includes roast turkey and provolone cheese on a wheat bun, pasta salad cup, animal crackers, fresh fruit, chips and soda. (Supplies limited.)
For more information on the event, contact the Zoo’s Public Affairs and Services Division at 414.771.3040.
Special thanks to our Senior Celebration sponsor: