Saturday, June 11, 2022
9:30 a.m.-1 p.m.
Diversity is nature’s greatest strength. It should be ours too.
The Milwaukee County Zoo is excited to host a brand-new event, Celebrate Diversity! on June 11, 2022. Activities will highlight the diversity in nature and focus on increasing our connection to nature and our community.
- Community Tree – Our community is made up of individuals with unique strengths and identities. Share what makes you unique and add your leaf to the tree!
- Sapling Handout – Learn about the importance of diversity in forests. Take home your very own white spruce sapling to plant in your yard! (Limited supplies available.)
- Animal Artifacts – Discover animal artifacts from around the world.
- Biodiversity Guessing Game – Guess how many species are represented in an ecosystem and learn how they work together.
- Wisconsin Forest Station – Explore a section of the Zoo’s forest and discover the biodiversity within our grounds! You’ll learn how to identify species and help us uncover some of the plants and animals that live among us.
- Cultural Icons Scavenger Hunt – Search the Zoo for images of artwork from various cultures around the world, each featuring a different animal. Share what you learn about the artwork and culture to receive a prize!
Join us in celebrating the diversity of our community by supporting local groups and artisans at our Sustainability Market.
We believe sustainability is vital to a strong and thriving community, and that we move towards sustainability by forming a community that embraces biological and cultural diversity and strives to meet the cultural, economic, educational, and ecological needs of the humans, animals and plants that call it home.
We are all better served by increasing connection and collaboration within our community, allowing all people to embrace their unique talents and abilities, and allocating resources in a just and equitable way.