Boo At The Zoo
Sponsored By Sendik’s Food Markets
Friday, October 16 and Saturday, October 17, 2015
6 p.m. to 9 p.m.
It’s that time of year again when the Zoo comes alive with frightful fun for all to enjoy! Get into the “spirit” of Halloween as Sendik’s Food Markets presents “Boo at the Zoo,” Friday, October 16 and Saturday, October 17, from 6 p.m. to 9 p.m., at the Milwaukee County Zoo.
Enjoy these not too scary, family-friendly but ghoulishly fun activities:
- Find your way through our Halloween Haystack Maze, constructed from haystacks and Halloween characters at the Lake Evinrude Deck.
- Visit our Pumpkin Patch filled with glowing, hand-carved pumpkins at the Feline Mall.
- Watch our jaw-dropping Halloween inspired Dancing Light Show at the Forest Trail at Wolf Woods Crossing.
- All aboard our North Shore Bank Safari Train, transformed into the Raven’s Rail for a spooky spin through the Zoo from 6 p.m. to 8 p.m.
- Get a temporary tattoo in the Florence Mila Borchert Big Cat Country. While you’re there, visit our majestic African lions, Themba and Sanura.
- What’s Halloween without caramel apples, available for purchase in the Peck Welcome Center, courtesy of the American Association of Zookeepers (AAZK).
- Learn about bats and their importance in the Small Mammals building, 7 p.m. and 8 p.m., through zookeeper presentations.
- Learn how to build a bat house in your backyard and help bats that are losing their habitats. Color a paper bat in the Aquatic & Reptile Center.
- Choose from a variety of paper bat ears to wear, including insectivore and vampire species, in the Peck Welcome Center.
- Take in the theatre! Watch a live, Halloween-themed performance by Kohl’s Wild Theater of “A Winter’s Tail.” This unique show will help the ghosts of Winters Past, Present and Future help Mr. Scrooge, the meanest, animal habitat-destroying man in Wisconsin, see the error of his ways.
Reduced admission rates apply on both Friday and Saturday evenings.
|Juniors (age 3 to 12):
|Children (2 and under):
Visit again next weekend for the Zoo's
Sponsored by Sendik's Food Markets
October 23, 2015 from 6 p.m. to 9 p.m.
October 24, 2015 from 9 a.m. to 9 p.m.
Don't miss this safe trick-or-treat event at the Zoo.
Click here for a list of Frequently Asked Questions about the Zoo’s Halloween events.
For further details about all Zoo Halloween activities, call the Zoo’s Public Affairs and Services Division at 414.771.3040.
|Special thanks to our Boo at the Zoo event sponsor: