Feel the “Spirit” of Halloween with
“Boo At The Zoo!”
Sponsored By Sendik’s Food Markets
Friday, October 17 & Saturday, October 18, 2014
6 p.m. to 9 p.m.
Posted October 2014
When the leaves start falling in Wisconsin, we all know that Halloween is right around the corner! Let us help you get into the “spirit” of Halloween as Sendik’s Food Markets presents “Boo at the Zoo,” Friday, October 17 and Saturday, October 18, from 6 p.m. to 9 p.m., at the Milwaukee County Zoo. Enjoy these not so scary, family-friendly but ghoulishly fun activities:
- Find your way through our Halloween Haystack Maze, constructed from haystacks and Halloween characters in the Otto Borchert Family Special Exhibits Building.
- Visit our Pumpkin Patch filled with glowing, hand-carved pumpkins at the Feline Mall.
- Watch our jaw-dropping Halloween inspired Dancing Light Show at the Forest Trail at Wolf Woods Crossing.
- All aboard our North Shore Bank Safari Train, transformed into the Raven’s Rail for a spooktacular ride from 6 p.m. to 8 p.m.
- Meet Harry & Fred, our rhyming storybook characters roaming throughout Zoo grounds.
- Get a temporary tattoo in the Florence Mila Borchert Big Cat Country building. While you’re there, visit our snow leopard cub, Sossy, or our new resident caracal, Cammy.
- What’s Halloween without caramel apples, available for purchase in the Peck Welcome Center, courtesy of the American Association of Zookeepers (AAZK).
- Learn about bats and their importance in the Small Mammals Building, 7 p.m. and 8 p.m., through zookeeper presentations.
- Learn how to build a bat house in your backyard and help bats that are losing their habitats. Color a paper bat in the Aquatic & Reptile Center.
- Choose from a variety of paper bat ears to wear, including insectivore and vampire species, in the Peck Welcome Center.
- Take in the theatre! Watch a live, Halloween-themed performance in the Kohl’s Wild Theater of “The Legend of Hibernacula,” that highlights the importance of bats to humans. The performance will also demonstrate what you can do to help bats in Wisconsin.
Reduced admission rates apply on both Friday and Saturday evenings:
|Juniors (age 3 to 12):
|Children (2 and under):
Visit again next weekend for the Zoo's
Sponsored by Sendik's Food Markets
October 24, 2014 from 6 p.m. to 9 p.m.
October 25, 2014 from 9 a.m. to 9 p.m.
Don't miss this safe trick-or-treat event at the Zoo.
Call 414.256.5466 for reduced rates and information.
Click here for a list of Frequently Asked Questions about the Zoo’s Halloween events.
Special Offer: Visit any Balistreri Owned & Operated Sendik's Food Market and get one ticket good for a free ride on the Penzeys Spices Carousel during Boo at the Zoo or Halloween Spooktacular. Tickets available at customer service desks starting Oct. 13 (while supplies last). Visit sendiks.com for store locations.
|Special thanks to our Boo at the Zoo event sponsor: