Boo At The Zoo
Sponsored By Sendik’s Food Markets
Friday, October 14 and Saturday, October 15, 2016
6 p.m. to 9 p.m.
Once again, the Milwaukee County Zoo is pleased to offer its annual “Boo at the Zoo” event presented by Sendik’s Food Markets, on Friday, October 14 and Saturday, October 15, from 6 p.m. to 9 p.m. The Zoo will have many wickedly fun, family-friendly activities, including:
- Small Mammals Building: Go batty and learn more about the fascinating species of Zoo bats, and the important role these animals play in our natural world. 7 p.m. and 8 p.m.
- Aquatic & Reptile Center: Learn more about building a bat house in your own backyard to help bats who are losing their habitats. Color a paper bat to add to the bat house.
- Lake Evinrude Deck: Venture through our Halloween Haystack Maze, creatively constructed with haystacks and Halloween characters!
- Northwestern Mutual Family Farm Dancing Light Show: Head over to the Northwestern Mutual Family Farm to check out our dazzling light show!
- Peck Welcome Center: It wouldn’t be autumn without delicious caramel apples! These satisfying sweets are available for purchase, and courtesy of the American Association of Zookeepers (AAZK). What is it like to be a bat? Choose a variety of bat ears to wear, including insectivore and vampire species. Join the Kohl’s Wild Theater actors for their “Halloween Jamboree” of skits featuring super heroes, singing animals, and the trash monster! Audiences will learn about composting, the changing seasons, and how to avoid becoming “the trashmonster” this Halloween! 6:45 p.m., 7:30 p.m. & 8:15 p.m.
- Florence Mila Borchert Big Cat Country: Our popular African lions, Themba and Sanura, will serve as the exotic backdrop as you get a Halloween-themed temporary tattoo!
- North Shore Bank Train Station: A spooky spin around the park is ahead for guests on our Safari Train turned Raven’s Rail! 6 p.m. to 8 p.m. (weather permitting)
Reduced admission rates are offered for Boo at the Zoo on both Friday and Saturday evenings:
|Juniors (age 3 to 12):
|Children (2 and under):
Visit again next weekend for the Zoo's
Sponsored by Sendik's Food Markets
October 21 from 6 p.m. to 9 p.m.
October 22 from 9 a.m. to 9 p.m.
Don’t miss this safe trick-or-treat event at the Zoo.
Call (414) 256-5466 for reduced rates and information.
Click here for a list of Frequently Asked Questions about the Zoo’s Halloween events.
For additional details about the Zoo’s Halloween events, please contact the Zoo’s Marketing and Communications Division at (414) 256-5466.
|Special thanks to our Boo at the Zoo event sponsor: